ISO 22000:2018, the global food safety management system standard that defines that the requirements to ensure safe production during the whole food chain, from the farm to the table, was released by the ISO on June 19, 2018. For many organizations from the food and food industries, irrespective of their size, industry or geographic place, ISO 22000:2018 is organized to give process improvements and its own layout supplies a food safety management and avoidance strategy. If you are already employing ISO 22000:2005, you will recognize the majority of the needs in ISO 22000:2018. There are a few alterations to ISO 22000:2005 you have to get ready for compliance and the transition with ISO 22000:2018.
Important modifications under ISO 22000:2018 are:
- The high level construction: With this reference point to be compatible and readily adaptable for many businesses, the brand new variant of the ISO 22000 standard will be implemented on the basis of a top level construction (HLS) of exactly the exact same structure than the other ISO. This is helpful for organizations that find coverage between them and utilize criteria.
- Risk-based strategy: Chứng Nhận ISO 22000 certifications are currently based on risk management and come with an innovative method of monitor and excludes possible dangers.
- Strong connections with the Codex Alimentarius, an intergovernmental body, inside the frame of the frequent food standards program created by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Health Organization (WHO), for to be able to safeguard consumer health and ensure fair practices in the food industry. The Commission promotes the coordination of activities associated with food standards.
- A definite description of the gaps between the main terms is provided, for example: critical control points (CCP), requirement operational applications (OPRP) and requisite applications (PRP)
- The HACCP and OPRP programs are grouped to a hazard control program with actions standards That Have to be defined for its recognized OPRPs and critical limitations (as standard) for your CCPs
- The validation of these management measures must be recorded and completed prior to the implementation of the HACCP program
- For the traceability system and also for emergency preparedness and response, further details are currently cited on which ought to be considered, respectively, in clauses 8.3 and 8.4.
- Performance aids, utilities and packaging must be inserted to the required file flow patterns
- Within the features of packaging, ingredients and raw materials, every product’s origin must be defined and recorded.
- There are different elements which are going to be discussed during management review meetings, like the operation of outside providers (providers ), the review of dangers and chances as well as the efficacy of the activities taken to deal with them, the chances for constant improvement, adequacy of resources, etc..
- There is also a brand new clause which includes compulsory documented data and an appraisal of the effectiveness of observation and measurement verification outcomes
- Additionally, there are some additional requirements That Have to be assessed throughout the management review of this food safety management program